Marleen/Founder/Director & our Barnaby the Tripod
This video shows how each of us in rescue tries so hard to save just one dog. This is what we see when we rescue dogs - http://www.blip.tv/file/3014054
Last minute TAX break, Donate by 12/31/2009
Dear LNFDR Supporters & Friends,
As always, we wish you and your family a peaceful holiday season and want to thank you from the bottom of our hearts and our “shelter kids” paws for your continued support and generous donations over the years.
We have great news, as we're about to celebrate our 6th anniversary 2/24/10 we had the Grand Opening of We will be able to house up to 20 pups/dogs at one time. We have pictures & a video on our webpage so you can see “The Loni Loveland Wing.” This was made possible by donations, grants & personal loans. The dogs love it since now they have a huge play room! We would love for you to visit in person or watch the video to the left.
Our "DeSex in the City" Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Program started in 2/07 has spayed/neutered 81 dogs that would not have been done without our program. We believe we kept at least 81,000 pups from being BORN to be unwanted & to suffer! The only way to create a true NO-KILL society is by not allowing them to be born. We run separate fundraisers for that program.
We realize everyone is struggling, and we know that you receive countless requests for donations throughout the year; however we only send (1) appeal annually and hope that you will choose our “shelter kids” as the recipient of your end-of-year charitable donation.
We are a 501(c) (3) non-profit so 100% of the donations are tax-deductible. No donation is too small! We consist solely on donations, we’re all volunteers; with no paid employees, including myself - so every penny goes directly to medical care, food & the needs of our rescued dogs.
This year we are asking you to consider helping us by:
(1) Adopting one of our fantastic dogs or perhaps try fostering one? If you’re an adopter, you know how wonderful our dogs are since they are chosen for their sweet & gentle dispositions.
(2) Donate dog food directly from our supplier Rohrer & Son by calling 717-786-3372, ask for Elizabeth. We purchase (10) bags at $27 of Blue Seal per month
(3) Donate a new Kuranda beds for our dogs for the new adoption center. We would love (8) large ones & (10) medium with matching covers. You can go to www.kuranda.com/donate/ - We have an account there so can find us listed in Delaware at their site. Our dogs LOVE these beds; you can even purchase one for your own dog.
(4) Donate some of your time and stop by to walk our dogs or play with a few. They love having visitors and if you get to know them, you would be able to refer more potential adopters to us.
(5) Donate a monthly gift or send a check thru our secure link below. We are equipped to take end-of-year tax deductible charitable donations with all major credit cards or PayPal. The site will provide a tax receipt.
(6) Donate toys like ropes, large & small Nylabones & Milkbones. We can arrange to pick up.
My highest regards,
Marleen Oetzel, Founder/Director of Lost and Found Dog Rescue No-Kill Adoption Center